ESO New Technology Telescope
CCD Page Update Instructions
Note: These instructions are for NTT Team operations.
Updating the CCD Database
- Run the linearity OB: RedLin.obd, BlueLin.obd or susiLin.obd.
- Instructions for running the tests are available on nttoperation
- from now on the the updating script forceUpdate
is automatically run on email@example.com
therefore the rest of the page is just needed by people who want to do it
by hand for instance after eliminating bad data.
- The standard test will have generated numerous files. They'll have
been transferred automatically by the template.
( This can also be done manually by simply typing:
to_www CCD_Number yymmdd speed
where CCD_Number is 31, 45, 46 or rX#*, yymmdd is
the date the test was run and speed is fast, norm or slow
- *- r for red CCD[ #62 A&B (right) and/or #63
- *- X= A,B,C or D , CCD stripe counted from right
- *- # = 1 or 2 , binning. )
- Telnet to www and login as nttweb
NEVER DELETE ANY FILES ON www !
- On nttweb@www, issue the command:
update CCD_number speed
where CCD_number is the identity of the CCD. (To get
a list of currently supported CCDs, simply type update and hit
You will see a data file appear on the screen. Check that the most recent
entry has been added, and the values look reasonable. Please note that
there is no problem in executing the update command for any CCD
again as it will just take the last data and re-generate the page as
it already is. If there is a problem contact NTT CCD scientist.
- The script will work for a couple of minutes, and finally produce an
updated page. Please load the page into a browser to ensure all has worked.
- if and only if all the results of all amplifiers of all the modes were
OK ( 24 results for EMMI red, 3 for EMMI blue)
on emmi@wemmi or susi@wsusi
This will replace the pages
with the last measured values of CCD parameters.