La Silla - Science Operation Department
HARPS pipeline releases
Different releases of the pipeline might result in inconsistency between
different data sets. In case you discover such inconsistency in your data
set please, contact the Science Operation department
11-05-2004: new version of the DRS 1.6 which includes the solution
of many bugs detected during P72 and now corrected. As well as the creation
of.tar files of the reduced data is created for NGAS.
16-07-2004: version 1.9 of the DRS:
- change DRS DRIFT VR -> DRS DRIFT RV
- ad-hoc correction of dvrms systematics
- add DRS CAL TH ERROR kw
- correct bug in fit emission lines
15-12-2006: version 3.0 of the DRS:
- EGGS recipes
- New line list for the wavelength solution.
- Relative flux correction based on stars templates (only used for CCF computation, switchable).
- Different PSF fitting for order extraction.
- Bisector computation (available in the data package).
- Improve bias subtraction via the overscan regions.
- New Dark computation.
20-10-2010: version 3.5
- Order extraction completely rewritten
- Bug on extraction profile corrected
- Use of measured extraction profile (FF frame) instead of analytic profile
- Horne cosmic rejection improved
- Implementation of new extraction mode with correction of ThAr pollution
- Order localization simplified
- Bug on flat-field (low-sensitivity pixels) corrected
- Quality control on flat-field more sensitive (rejection of frames with wiggles)
- Blaze computation rewritten
- Correction of blaze for FF source spectrum (requires wavelength calibration)
- Implementation of background light subtraction
- Coarse cosmic rejection (4-bin distribution) improved
- Rebinning on uniform wavelength grid rewritten (s1d creation)
- Quality control on drift measurement more sensitive (THAR2/shutter problems)
- Bug on mid-exposure time corrected (saturation of exposure meter)
- Computation of activity indices S and log(R'HK) available offline, new keywords
- Relative flux correction more robust
- Better telluric line removal in masks G2, K5 and M2
- Bug on CCF noise at low SNR corrected (absolute value in correlbin)
- More instrumental keywords added in db_update
- Rejection of order 0 in CCF computation (order partially extracted)
- Blaze correction in CCF computation implemented
- Comb/FP recipes added
- Polarimeter recipes added