In order to be compliant with the User Requirements imposed on LiSca, the quick-look tool
needs to be upgraded to a pipeline, meaning that it must provide usable, although not necessarily optimised, reduced
spectra. This work has been undertaken by A. Ederoclite during March 2005.
The most important points that must be fulfilled are the following:
- Better wavelength calibration
- The wavelength solution must provide an accuracy better than 0.001 AA over the covered spectral range.
- This accuracy must be accomplished in a automatic or semi-automatic way, with a minimum of interaction required
- Proper bias and dark correction
- To account for the bias instability, the dark and bias corrections must use the overscan information on every
obtained science frame
The following are desired, non-critical improvements: